Re: [OM] Panasonic L1 camera review on zone-10

Subject: Re: [OM] Panasonic L1 camera review on zone-10
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 10:11:36 -0500
On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 9:33 AM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When you look at the zillions of FourThirds cameras that have been on
> the market--at this point I think there are only three that are
> standouts and examples of timeless design:  The E-1, E-3 and L1. You
> may or may not want to include the E-330 in there, but all others are
> just members of the "model of the year" club.

I don't value my own opinion on the subject.  I leave it to the
immortals to sort out models of choice.

I enjoy the E-410 a lot.  It's incredibly sharp and accurate.  Colors
are great, of course.  The landscape shots you posted on Zone10 gave
me the sense that they were shot with the 410.  I wonder what the
relationship  might be between the L1 and 410 sensors?  (Stop gagging,
Ag.)

Anyway, I feel like just switching to shooting only jpgs with that
camera.  The kit lenses are astonishing, at least within the realm of
slow zooms!

Joel W.