Re: [OM] Mammatus Clouds and Clearing Storm

Subject: Re: [OM] Mammatus Clouds and Clearing Storm
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 12:20:57 -0500
> We were watching the storm line last evening because we have a son in
> Topeka.  I saw that it seemed to miss Grinnell.  I have never seen this type
> of cloud so well defined.  Nice captures.

Thanks!

It was fascinating because this big complex of storms was headed right
for Newton and Grinnell, but it split and give us about a five to ten
mile gap and completely avoided the Iowa Speedway where the Indy races
are this weekend. Just as it passed Grinnell, the storms rejoined back
into a solid line again.

Hope tonight's storms hold off--the four of us are going to the Indy
Lights race. Our schedule didn't quite permit us going to the Indy
race tomorrow. Danica's loss not getting to see us. That's OK, though,
as I prefer night races.

AG