Re: [OM] iPad apps

Subject: Re: [OM] iPad apps
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 13:14:21 -0500
Ken,
I expect this is helpful for anyone seriously thinking about a
"device," but I have an immediate appreciation for a couple items you
have reviewed.  I'm gratified ReaddleDocs has appeared worth the
doughsky.  I have been using it for some actual serious work and it is
naturally less than perfect when the IP address is changed, but it is
not difficult to set it up again and as a network place when that
happens.

I believe that DropBox has been around a bit longer and is worth a
look for a lot of the same input-output issues as Rdocs, but with
DropBox you are tethered to a web site.  Currently I have a customer
looking at some photos to buy and I have been thinking about using it
for an occasional photo gallery that doesn't get instantly broadcast
to the world like Facebook or even Jalbum.  Seems perfect for that and
photos look good on and play nicely with the iPad.

I'm looking forward to checking out some of those apps.  Thanks again.

Joel W.