Re: [OM] 4/3rds adapters

Subject: Re: [OM] 4/3rds adapters
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 15:13:08 -0500
Chuck,

The first adapter I bought, M42 to 4/3, was Fotodiox.  It is a two-piece
adapter, and the two are held together by set screws in the outer rim.
Although I thought they were tight, after a few days of use, I felt motion
between the two pieces.  I marked the alignment of the two, took out the
screws, applied a few drops of superglue to the mating surfaces, and
reassembled the whole thing.  After giving it time to cure, I have had no
more problems.

The Leica-R to 4/3 adapter that I bought is joined by screws in the flat
surfaces.  Though they are small screws, they seem to hold well.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA