Re: [OM] ( OM ) Precautions against fungus on lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Precautions against fungus on lenses
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 22:06:06 +0800
Just one point about the dry cabinet for camera, you need to control the
humidity, too low humidity is no good, 40-55% could be a good range.

One interesting thing about your temperature/humidity controlled house, do
you ever open the window? We open the window whenever air conditioner is not
in use. It account for 50% of the time in summer and 100% of the time for
the rest of the year. When we open the windows there is no way to control
the humidity anymore.

On the other hand there are quite some difference in humidity inside the
house even on the same area, it depends on which direction the windows face.
The flat we previously lived was having much higher (10%+) humidity then our
current one which is less then 100 meter away.

C.H.Ling