[OM] Can't get Olympus Viewer 2 to open

Subject: [OM] Can't get Olympus Viewer 2 to open
From: Candace Lemarr <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 09:11:47 -0600
Hi List,

I am having great difficulty with trying to download Olympus Viewer.
Using Windows XP sp2, 1.5 gb ram. I have downloaded it with Firefox, it
won't open. I have uninstalled and downloaded it with IE 8 twice, turned
off virus protection/firewall, saving it, then installing it, and
rebooted, it still won't open. The screen with the camera comes up, and
then the windows pop up error box comes up and says Olympus Viewer
encountered a problem and needs to close. Sending the message to
Microsoft does nothing, of course.

Unfortunately, I have now wasted the 2 hour window I had to get things
done around here, and I must leave. But, before I do I thought I'd pose
the question to the list and see if anyone here has ideas or
suggestions. Googling for the issue has given me no answers whatsoever.
I do see a few people posting to forums the same issue, but I never see
it resolved or discussed in any way.

Thank you in advance.
A frustrated Candace