Re: [OM] DiImage Scan Elite 5400

Subject: Re: [OM] DiImage Scan Elite 5400
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 09:12:22 -0500
On 31/05/2010 13:47, Terry and Tracey wrote:
>> G'day everyone,
>>
>> Its been a while between posts. So here is a new one.
>>
>> After seven years we are replacing our computer. Yes, that's right, seven
>> years +.
>>
>> Anyway, the new computer will be running Windows 7 64 bit. I have a Konica
>> Minolta slide scanner Elite 5400.
>>
>> Here are my questions. Does anyone know if the old software (and more likely
>> drivers) will run in the 64 bit environment?

Actually, is there a compelling reason why you want 64-bit?  Unless you
plan on using more than 4GB of ram, or you have one particular piece of
software that is only available in 64-bit flavor, there is no real
reason that I can tell to not get 32-bit.  The incompatibility problems
outweigh any perceived advantages.  For the most part, it's all
marketing -- "64 is more than 32, so it must be better".

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard