Re: [OM] wahoo!

Subject: Re: [OM] wahoo!
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 18:16:44 -0500
> Oh stop beaming, Chris.  It's just a big iPod. ;^)

And it JUST fits inside my LowePro Elite III bag along with a couple
cameras and lenses. It is a nifty doodad.

Especially with one particular killer app. The Emerald-Sequoia
Observatory is the perfect thing for figuring out what time it is,
along with planet positioning and sunrise/sunset time things.
Luminous-Landscape mentioned it a while back and I went ahead and
spent the 99 cents on it. Worth every penny and then some. Highly
recommended!  It passes the Schnozz's smell test.

> However, I did buy a bluetooth keyboard to go with it.  You'll be
> happy to know that I'm miserable without a proper delete key ("delete"
> is what Apple calls the "backspace" key).

Hmm.  Any particular keyboard you recommend? Is there a nifty folding
one which I can also use with my Palm Centro?

> light of Apple with a 32 GB iPad.  I hope we will have some
> opportunities to share experiences with it -- in Iowa -- especially
> now that you've thrown the woman who brought you to the dance, Lady
> Olympus, under the bus.

In a few days I should have an idea whether or not a future with the
company is even probable. Then we'll see about where we are going to
land. We aren't opposed to landing in some foreign country either.

As to throwing Lady Olympus under the bus, well, I'm just tired of
fighting the Canonistas here on this list. I acknowledge the superior
wisdom. Olympus bad, Canon good.  Nikon is also good if you like that
sorta thing--I'm not going to judge.  :)

We'll see.... First an Apple product, then a Canon... But ain't
nutting happening until new job stability happens. By then, maybe
Olympus will have its act together.

AG