[OM] Happy Alphabet Day was:battle of ideas on the T

Subject: [OM] Happy Alphabet Day was:battle of ideas on the T
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 17:55:49 -0700 (PDT)
Agree and disagree with you two

I have been reading your writings on the subject for years and think that when
it comes to spelling you should reconsider your opinions...

I agree that the proper usage of language is a measure of persons intelligence,
but vehemently disagree that proper spelling should be in the same category.
See, I see the alphabet just as a tool and feel really, really sorry for all
the children who waste their life learning how to spell.

I learned how to read and write at the age of four, privilege that only
geniuses in the West enjoy.  A tool is just a tool, if it makes getting the job
done more difficult, maybe it is not the write...:) tool at all.  Which brings
me to the main subject:

HAPPY ALPHABET DAY!!!

It is the day of the Bulgarian alphabet, wrongly referred to as the Cyrrilick
Alphabet.  The alphabet that gave me the opportunity to learn how to read at an
early age, because everything spells the way you hear it, but you can still
make a mistake....only if you really, really wanted to....:)

Boris

Then prithee sire, may this poor wight regress and if that be to thy
taste, how far? Thou speakst not Chaucerian Engelisch I trow.

Thy servante yclept Andrew of the Fylde
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx