Re: [OM] Extensive Mt. St. Helens pictures from the Boston Globe

Subject: Re: [OM] Extensive Mt. St. Helens pictures from the Boston Globe
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 21:21:48 -0300
 See image # 4 in the Boston Globe's photo gallery .......... the one of
vulcanologist David Johnson. He is mentioned by name in the January 1981
issue of the National Geographic [page 38] in the extensive article about Mt
St Helens. The NG article also carries a photograph of him. His camper truck
seen in image # 4 looks to be the same camper seen in a double page image
[pp 32 and 33] in the same article after the eruption.

Anyone looking for truly amazing  photos of Mt St Helen's eruption should
search out a copy of the NG issue of January 1981.

jh