Re: [OM] OM-2S(P) viewfinder illuminator something

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S(P) viewfinder illuminator something
From: Nicholas Herndon <nherndon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 10:12:25 -0500
Well you guys are no help!  Some googling came up with this:
http://photo.net/olympus-camera-forum/00IBUE

The meter is definitely good, but the camera went kaput after I
pressed the viewfinder illumination button.  Apparently it's a common
problem.  I'll try some fresh batteries, and see how long they last
without me pressing battery check or VF illumination.  We'll see.  I
hope it works out, I was planning on using this camera as my "bad
weather, don't care if it gets stolen, take it hiking" camera.