Re: [OM] [OT] More fun from Micros*ft

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] More fun from Micros*ft
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 08:17:05 -0400
I'll second OpenOffice.  I changed a bit over two years ago when I
finally began to think that my 1997 version of Microsoft Office was
getting a bit long in the tooth.  I never had the full blown version
since I had just picked up Word, Excel and Access piecemeal.  Now with
OpenOffice I've got the whole kit and caboodle which includes text
files, spreadsheets, databases, presentations, drawing tools and
mathematical formulae.  I can also create PDF files which I couldn't do
with Word.  I can also create or convert to Word format files if
desired... but I have no desire. :-)

I don't make extensive use of any of this stuff anymore so my experience
may not be typical but so far I've only encountered one minor
incompatibility which was in converting a spreadsheet.  I don't even
recall what the problem was except that the problem and solution were
rather trivial.

Chuck Norcutt