Re: [OM] Slippin' away

Subject: Re: [OM] Slippin' away
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 20:31:11 -0700
On 5/11/2010 1:46 PM, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Have a nice trip.  The Turtle has been a bonus for the Moose and the list
> with the nice images.

Thanks!

> Y'all hurray back, y'hear. Wanted you to eyeball the Sony Nex 5 images.

Sorry, not likely. As I explained in my G11 polemic, that form factor
with lenses attached just doesn't interest me. Once something is that
large and that sort of shape, it might as well, for me, be larger. At
first glance, it appears to have only sensor, and thus lens, size to
qualify as a serious tool, with N's emphasis apparently on being P&S
like in capabilities and features.

I'll save my looking molecules for images from something I might want.
I'd be much more interested in things like an E-620 or 550D or any of
several APS sensor small DSLRs. My guess is that the 550D will run rings
around any of the mirrorless compacts to date when it comes to IQ and
flexibility in use - and the size difference doesn't matter for my needs.

Moose