Re: [OM] OT: Noise levels in light aircraft, was More eruptions

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Noise levels in light aircraft, was More eruptions
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 11:37:00 -0500
Hi Bill,

I have never seen an effective muffler used on AC built in the US.
Propeller tip noise is one of the big problems.  Most noise reduction comes
from using thicker windshields and side windows, and firewall and side panel
sound insulation, but all of these things add weight, which is not popular
to a company selling carrying capacity.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA