[OM] ZD F2 zoom reviews on TOP

Subject: [OM] ZD F2 zoom reviews on TOP
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 20:02:23 -0400
Thanks for the link, Moose.

KT from TOP

"Do I love this lens? Yes. Do I have any reservations? Yes. I too was
bitten by the focus issue that bit many other users. The lens focused
perfectly on every Olympus camera I owned, with the exception of my
brand new, latest software-loaded E-3. On the E-3 it always
back-focused by just enough to ruin every image. By ƒ/5.6 the depth of
field covered the back focus, but no one spends $2,000 for an ƒ/2 lens
that can only be used three stops down from maximum aperture. "

AF isn't spot on on E3--he got an E-30.  Faboulous optics quickly
become mediocre with suboptimal focus--why bother?
I never understood why improvements  (or  even data) on sample
variability and matching lenses/bodies for spot on AF is not demanded.
Certainly abundant info that Canyon is no better in  either department.
  Even  Canyon microfocus adjustment for zooms doesn't really work that
well at all FL's--fine for primes.  Manufacturing tolerances seem to
produce some bad matches.  There should be a hardware/software fix or
the body should be sent in for a good marraige.  No excuses for any
manufacturer not to have a flagship lens work well on a flagship body.

  My "L"  zoom lens has had some spats but not yet suing for divorce but
I use my Zuikos alot anyway,

Mike