Re: [OM] (OM) item #300423601772, ending on May-09-10 08:29:48 PDT

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) item #300423601772, ending on May-09-10 08:29:48 PDT
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 09:28:21 -0400
I'm willing to front this for you and then send it on to NZ if you'd
like.  I've just emailed the seller and asked about sticky diaphragm and
fungus.  Text of my email just sent.  Too early for a response yet.
While this lens is no doubt in excellent external condition it may still
be subject to oil on the diaphragm blades (from chemical breakdown of
the grease in the focusing helicoid) or, more serious, fungus inside the
lens. That would not be uncommon in the heat and humidity of South
Carolina, especially a lens stored in a dark box. Can you certify that
the diaphragm blades operate freely and with a "snappy" action and that
the lens is free of fungus? For the latter you need to inspect the
interior using a bright light from the other side.

Let me know if you want to do it assuming a reasonable response to my
questions.  But be advised that I'll not get into disputes with the
seller if it arrives full of South Carolina fungus after he's said there
is none.

KEH price for EX is USD 105, EX+ USD 172.  I can snipe it for you if you
give me your max bid.

Chuck Norcutt