Re: [OM] Quail!

Subject: Re: [OM] Quail!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 19:55:00 -0700
Thanks to everyone who looked and especially those who commented:

On 5/5/2010 6:27 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Wow, nice shot.  That must be your 28-300 Tamron?

Indeed, the VC (IS) version I use for most of my shootin'.

On 5/5/2010 7:14 AM, Paul Cox wrote:
> Very nice.  To get that close, you must be lighter on the feet, and quieter,
> than I - even with a zoom.

It was all the practice I'd just had sneaking up on the flora along that
trail. :-)

On 5/5/2010 8:49 AM, Jim Nichols wrote:
> Hi Moose,
>
> Beautiful composition and detail.  Thanks for sharing.

Thank you!

On 5/5/2010 4:12 PM, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Great shot.  You did not even have to use the longest FL of the zoom.

I think it's a bit sharper at around 200mm than 300, although I haven't
done any real testing. The image size on the sensor isn't much
different, so I pulled it down a bit as I got closer.

> Thanks for posting.

My pleasure!

D. Quail Moose