Re: [OM] Flash foul-up, what happened?

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash foul-up, what happened?
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 09:07:04 -0400
Only the 2N (and 1N) have constant X sync at the hot shoe regardless of
sync switch position, and that is with any flash, not just Ts.  There's
a diode in the flash circuit that allows this, though it does prevent
some studio flashes from firing.

Olympus Service made up a small plastic "doohickey" that snaps in behind
the sync switch.  It was created for use on UPI ad National Geographic
cameras. It holds the switch at X and prevents accidental turning.  I
have some of those.

John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.
21 South Ln., Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121  |  www.zuiko.com