Re: [OM] a picture to brighten the day.

Subject: Re: [OM] a picture to brighten the day.
From: Patrick Moore <paddy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 10:23:58 +0100
Hi Olympus,

* On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 10:09:40AM +0100, Chris Barker said:
> I don't think it's crooked, Patrick.  I think that the sea horizon's
> slant is merely part of the lens's curvature.

actually, that is a fair point.  The Pentax 16-50 isn't the best corrected
lens at the wide end.

> I have never visited Ulster.  During the troubles and for quite a few
> years afterwards, service personnel were strongly advised not to do so.
> Even now I am supposed to get permission (although, of course, I wouldn't
> bother with that).

Oh, I know that well.  The main army training camps at Magilligan and
Ballykinler have large signs warning of high threat levels to personel (my
dad would do work at these from time to time)

It's a pity they've moved the RAF out of Aldergrove -- even if it were just
helicopters -- nice to see them when you landed.  Though I prefer flying
into the city for the approach up the Ards peninsula.

> I have visited Eire a couple of times, but I should now go and see
> another beautiful part of the UK.

Yes,  you should. :)