[OM] Digital and mixed light

Subject: [OM] Digital and mixed light
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 21:20:36 -0400
It seems so obvious now that I've read it but I have to admit I hadn't
thought about it before.  This is a brief extract from a much longer
post by Larry Bolch on the Epson scanners mail list.
Shooting under mixed light with film produced a nightmare to print. Now
I open as many copies of the image as are needed, each with their own
colour balance and layer them together. Saturation and contrast can be
dealt with on an area by area basis. Even with the most meticulous
effort at interpretation, it still rarely takes over a quarter of an
hour to exactly match my feeling for the final image.