[OM] Tripod mount ring differences - hmmm, there isn't I found out; )

Subject: [OM] Tripod mount ring differences - hmmm, there isn't I found out; )
From: Kari <kari.tormi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 12:12:36 +0300
Hi, all Olympus users!

I’ve been passive member on this ‘OM-list’ for few weeks and it’s been nice
to follow conversations of many topics I’ve been thinking about – like
qualities of various 50mm Zuikos:)

I hope we all agree that we are living great times for film camera users,
everything is dirt cheap and many old dreams can be purchased with very
small amount of money. For me that is almost a handicap, too often too much
focus on equipment instead of pictures. On the other hand, within relatively
short time, I’ve put together my third or fourth OM-system, like
Yashica/Kyocera Contax, OM seems to be my favorite 35mm equipment to use.

Perhaps in the future I can share with you my experiences with OM/Zuiko
equipment, but now one OM trivia question:

I have two 65-116 extension tubes with tripod mount ring. It seems that
Olympus has two different colors for tripod rings, at least my samples are
of different tone – one ‘black’, other ‘very dark gray’.

‘Stop press’… thank you for all you support!
While writing this, I just verified  the color difference between rings and
finally noticed that former owner has put a brilliant ‘very dark gray’ tape
on the other ring to protect it! This basically takes away my first motive
to be active on this list, but let’s send this anyway as an introduction.

In near future I hope to tell you little more of my latest 2/28 I just
bought. It's "brand new" and seller had +10 of those. Lenses were used in
some machine vision system and I hope to learn little bit more about that
application and share the info with you.

Sun is shining in Helsinki, I think it’s time to do a Sunday walk with OM
and 50mm and Acros!

Kind regards,

Kari