Re: [OM] [Leica] Nathan's PAD 22/04/2010: bokeh

Subject: Re: [OM] [Leica] Nathan's PAD 22/04/2010: bokeh
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 18:52:30 +0200
Thanks for looking, Brian. The winery is this one:

http://www.encus.org/en/index.php

We tasted two whites:
http://www.encus.org/en/index.php?option=5&product=ekam
http://www.encus.org/en/index.php?option=5&product=taleia

The Ekam is a mix of Sauvignon Blanc and Semillon, very pleasant, good food
wine. The Taleia is 85% Riesling and 15% Albariño. A wine to drink young, and
with a milder diesel smell than German or Alsace Riesling. But really, these
were the best Spanish whites I have tasted so far.

Then we moved on to the serious stuff three reds:
- a very young Syrah, to be released into the market in 2 months
- a young (2007) Priorat, 2/3 Cariñena, 1/3 Garnache
- a young 100% Cariñena, a beautiful, serious wine

I doubt you can find any of these can be found overseas. The terrain where this
is produced is very difficult and yields are low.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain