Re: [OM] ( OM) DZ 14-54 ... macro mode

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM) DZ 14-54 ... macro mode
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 21:25:04 +1000

> One or two days ago Ken wrote about this lens in macro mode. He said,
> as I
> recall, that in macro mode it could get so close to the subject that
> the lens
> hood would (almost?) shade the subject.
>
> I can find no such mode of operation built in to my DZ 14-54.
>
> Can Ken (or anybody) please explain how this lens can focus so close?

I just tried with my 14-54 (old version) and it does focus down to about
15mm from the tip of the hood to the subject plane (this is about 170mm from
the subject plane to the sensor plane @14mm f/l).  The distance from the tip
of the hood to the subject plane is also 15mm @54mm f/l but the subject
plane to sensor plane is about 190mm in this case.

...Wayne