Re: [OM] Zooms at Dawn - the 50mm shootout - Teaser

Subject: Re: [OM] Zooms at Dawn - the 50mm shootout - Teaser
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 15:15:47 -0500

> I dunno which is which but #1 most certainly seems to be set at 100mm or
> else was only half the distance of the others.  I think you need a full
> frame camera to test those 50s and the 35-80.

I can't hear you....

:)

The lens used for #1 has the uncanny trait of looking more like 60-65mm when
set at 50mm than any of the lenses set at 50mm.  Anybody owning that
particular lens most certainly knows what I mean.  Currently it's on sale in
the $750 range--down from around $1000.  A bargain and probably THE
signature lens of the FourThirds line. I know it looks like the lens is set
to a far longer focal-length, but it's just the lens doing it's thing.

As to the testing on full-frame, well, let's just say that I'm too busy
actually using said lenses and full-frame cameras to do much testing.

Photographed a concert Saturday. Used NPZ and the 50/1.4. FINALLY, I had
enough shutter-speed and aperture to work with.

AG