[OM] Olympus OM Series adapters

Subject: [OM] Olympus OM Series adapters
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 20:07:24 -0400
The waxing lyrical Schnozz may be waxing accurately.  About 10 months
ago 4 LNIB with hood/papers  were on yabe for <800 bucks.  Some one  (I
think Paul, PDMphoto who previously posted here) posted this on the alt
lens forum and I  happen to check in.  Two were gone in a minute and
the rest before I could surface for air  at work.   I have only seen a
handful of images with 100% crops on FF digital but it hold out well
and  trumps the resolution of the Canyon 24-105 f4 "L" lens on a 5DII.
Many are unimpressed with the latter
especially over 80mm.  My copy seems OK and perhaps they tweaked it a
bit with no publicity  in the past year as it appears to match the
resolution
of the Contax N 24-85 now, though the latter has much much better bokeh
(can be "adapted" by Bo Ming to be fully auto on Canyon).   The Zeiss
35-70 /3.4 is commonly adapted for FF Canyon and has the biting
microcontrast which I think is kinda like LCE at the 5-10 pixel range,
but the lens is not tack sharp until about 5.6 as best I remember and
is a one-touch design--not everyone's cup of tea.  It also pumps in
dust.
Anyway the Zuiko  35-80 enjoys a nice reputation on FF digital (in alt
lens FM forum)  and OM and is nice and sharp wide open.  I got up my
nerve /wallet to get one, but they were gone in a flash.

 Zuiko  Zoom-less Mike

Honestly, I have no idea how sharp the 35-80 is. It exceeds the
resolution
of my E-1 and it also runs right up to the limits of any film I've
used. I
run into lateral halation blurring before lens blurring.

AG (waxing lyrical) Schnozz