[OM] New computers [was IMG: Nathan's PAW 12: some London, some Alicante

Subject: [OM] New computers [was IMG: Nathan's PAW 12: some London, some Alicante]
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 00:08:05 -0400
Many nice tidbits in your post.  Thanks for expounding upon your recent
experiences.
I wondered about the i-GotU and win 7 64 bit in particular.

Mike

Moose says:

Windoze 7 has been good so far. Stable and doesn't bog down the
machine.
I had to wait a few weeks for the W7-64 bit driver for the i-GotU GPS
tracker. It's working now, both to download tracks and to use with
DeLorme Topo USA 8. HP is not going to update the driver for my 'old'
LaserJet 1000 for 64 bit. There's a work-around involving printing to
PDFon the Acer and installing software on the desktop that
automatically
prints any new PDFs it sees in a defined directory on the LAN, but that
sounds kludgy.