Re: [OM] 5D2 - onwership update no 3

Subject: Re: [OM] 5D2 - onwership update no 3
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 12:14:01 -0400
It didn't take me long to abandon much use of the MF Zuikos or other OM
mount lenses on my 5D.  However, I did start with two autofocus lenses
which kept me happy with the camera.  I started with a Tokina 28-80/2.8
AF AT-X Pro like this one (discontinued but I bought new at about $400)
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Tokina-CANON-AT-X-PRO-28-80mm-f-2-8-Fast-Lens_W0QQitemZ110513100149QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCamera_Lenses?hash=item19bb181575>
as well as its bigger brother, a Tokina 80-200/2.8 AF AT-X Pro like:
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Tokina-80-200mm-f-2-8-AT-X-828-AF-PRO-SD-Canon-EF-EOS_W0QQitemZ180480256654QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCamera_Lenses?hash=item2a05762a8e>
but this one is in China and overpriced to boot.  I think I paid $350
for mine (used)

Anyhow, I got two good (heavy) lenses which were able to cover most
photo requirements.  I've since added a Tamron 24-135 and Tamron 20-40
which are more useful for general photography.  I think I'm under $1000
for all four lenses one of which was bought new.

I still use my Zuiko 24/2.8 but only for landscapes on a tripod using
hyperfocal focusing.  The Vivitar Series 1 90/2.5 and Zuiko 50/3.5
macros get some occasional use but not much.  I also have an OM mount
Tokina 17/3.5 but it has gone into relative disuse since I generally go
wider than 20mm with a panorama.

But a couple of AF lenses.  You'll be much happier.

Chuck Norcutt