Re: [OM] IMG: Occasional Friday Flower - Jim N.

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Occasional Friday Flower - Jim N.
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 12:15:31 -0500

> One side of my wife's family came from Marshalltown, IA, so we look at the
> weather up your way.  We wondered, with all the snow, rain and flooding, if
> much of anything got harvested.

I believe something like 5% of the corn had not gotten harvested in the
fall. The rains made for a very narrow harvest window and winter came early
and never left. Our first snowfall was big and is just now going away.

Of the fields that did get some harvesting done this week, I noted that they
are still running into snow in the northern edges of the stands. The snow
blew in from that direction and created very deep snow drifts.

The Iowa River at Tama looks like it's finally cresting, but the level was
way high--only about a foot below the highway.

Spring storms haven't started yet. It's a total unknown where the flooding
is going to be a problem this year until the storm pattern establishes. But
we (the phone company) are planning on it.

AG