Re: [OM] Floating Element Close Focus Performance (Was: Zuiko 28/2 with

Subject: Re: [OM] Floating Element Close Focus Performance (Was: Zuiko 28/2 with locked focusing ring)
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 14:35:40 +0100
Hi Dawid and all,

From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Ooh, nice. I am sooo often tempted by the Cosina Voigtlander
>rangefinder lenses...

Yeah, you discovered _that_ f1.9... ;^)

There was a Vivitar Series 1 28/1.9 for SLRs -- very big and nothing
stellar, though. CV's 28/1.9 for rangefinders is largish by RF standards
(46mm filters) but still smaller than anything comparable for SLRs -- esp.
taking into account the body. There's a newer CV 28/2 in M-mount, different
optics, somewhat smaller... and more expensive.

>Still, I remain very tempted. Specifically, the
>12mm f/5.6,

A very special lens... and the only way I have to get a bit of wide-angle on
the GF1, so far :-)

>35mm f/1.2,

Too close to the 40/1.4 for mw to justify... but Nathan seems to like it a
lot.

>and Nickel-Coated 50mm f/3.5...

Hmmm, too "exotic"... but I like the now discontinued CV Skopar 50mm f2.5,
very compact (but HEAVY!) and with a beautiful rendering. A surprising lens,
despite me not being keen on 50mm focal length.

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)