Re: [OM] New CF spec

Subject: Re: [OM] New CF spec
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 16:23:46 +1100
It is so too because I was making the point that the applications and
uses will bloat up to use the available space, just as when we moved
from mB's to gB's. A file from my 5D2, untouched is around 60mB, about
three times the size of my first external hard drive. On the then
speeds, it would have taken a couple of hours to edit a modern layer
in PS and all night to think about a liquify command.
Speeds and space demands will grow until that card will be holding a
few movies, etc. that will use up the space and will download quickly
as the technology speeds up. Haven't you noticed that although
everything is bigger and faster, we don't seem to be working that much
faster on basic tasks?
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx