Re: [OM] Great Olympics pix

Subject: Re: [OM] Great Olympics pix
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 11:04:57 -0400
All the images from the boston.com page cited in Jez Cunningham's email are
attributed to a named photographer and an organization. With the exception
of image #13 all the images are more than likely the product of a
photographer operating a handheld or mono / tripod supported camera with
atached lens.

Any clown could stand at an control consol with his finger on a release
mechanism and fire away 100 images a second using a static and firmly
mounted camera. Picking just the right image from a string of sequential
images would indeed produce a winning image just like #13.

Just what kind of skill is required to watch the game and operate the
in-goal-camera anytime the puck passed close by  ?

Fake and gimmickry .....

jh