Re: [OM] Augment, not Replace - Lessons from the Past

Subject: Re: [OM] Augment, not Replace - Lessons from the Past
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 08:17:17 +0100
The article would be a lot more interesting if you used pictures of pretty
girls instead ;-)

But you do make some valid points. It is of course annoying. At least the 4/3
system allows you to mount a lot of lenses on it with adapters, and the micro
4/3 even more--and the latter (least my GF-1 does that) adjusts the brightness
of the screen when the lens is stopped down manually, so one of the big
disadvantages of stop-down metering all of a sudden does not matter.

But the incompatibility of grips, batteries etc. from one model to the next is
annoying. However, so long as we collectively accept it (by voting with our
wallets) there is no reason for the manufacturers to change their behavior.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu