Re: [OM] Semi-incommunicado

Subject: Re: [OM] Semi-incommunicado
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 19:09:25 -0600

> Join the crowd Moose. Ever since the CenturyTel>Link merger the service
> sucks. Our phone was disconnected for 3 days and other friends report up
> to 5+ days of no DSL. Ours has been intermitant and even slower than the
> usual sluggish. Talk to a person? You are lucky. I finally had to go
> down to the local telecommunications building and pound on the back
> door. They got rid of the front counter people and locked it. The tech
> guy inside was able to get me some help. Thankfully this is a small
> community and he was glad to help rather than call the police.

Now, you are getting a little too close to home. The telecommunications
company I work for is being bought out by a larger one. Actually, they are
pretty decent as is our company. But it's a pretty good guess that my job is
either being eliminated or is moving to Arkansas. India or Arkansas, India
or Arkansas... I'm sorry, what was the question again?

Had my annual performance review on Thursday. What a joke. The final part of
it is the question of "what do you want to do?" (as in is there anything in
the company you'd like to do more than your current job). We both laughed
because we both are probably not even going to be in this company 12 months
from now.

Even Texas is starting to look good to me...

AG (will those horns fit on the front of a Jeep Grand Cherokee?) Schnozz

ps. The performance review went quite well in case anybody is interested in
knowing. I'm told that I'm a mighty fine engineer.

Toot toot toot