Re: [OM] FL-20 on Panny GF-1

Subject: Re: [OM] FL-20 on Panny GF-1
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 00:11:54 +0100
Hi Chris and all,

From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>It's a bit of a shame, but the FL-20 doesn't work in TTL Auto on the GF-1.

I can't help much here, since I don't own a FL-20 -- nor any flash designed
for digital! My most recent flash gun is the Metz 40MZ3i (SCA 3000 system,
only used it via SCA 300 adapters)

I have used the GF1 with the old Oly T20, of course in its own auto modes,
and the camera in manual. By the way, despite the lack of (compatible)
dedicated contacts, the Panny somehow detects there is "something" on the
hot shoe, so it won't go faster than 1/160 -- the EOS-300D let me select any
speed with the external, undedicated flash.

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)