Re: [OM] More recent...new toy...

Subject: Re: [OM] More recent...new toy...
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 21:52:54 +1300
Ken, aka Ag Schnozz, wrote (commenting on what I wrote)
> > So that's the Leica look!!   I want one !
> > I'll have to be content with the Dimage A1 that will  be on its way to
> > me tomorrow (ably enabled by the our silver-nosed friend:-)  )
> >

> A1? M4?  A1?  M4?
>
> You've been screwed, bud.

Hmm; don't think so especially since today I just spent $960NZ on 4 hours
work over 4 days to save one particularly valuable tooth in MY head. A
whole month's potentially discretionary spending gone just like that - poof !!

And the A1 arrives tomorrow, auction cost just $200 NZ.  It's going to be
interesting.

Just for fun I priced out L M4's on e-bay, KEH and Ffordes.

Looks as though I'd have no change out of $1500 NZ for an M4 body, and
half that for the rigid f2 50mm Summicron.
I don't have a Hassy either :-(        (But I do have a Linhof)

The only way I see for me to keep happily occupied without more spend is to
go out taking more photos.  About time too.

Brian Swale.