Re: [OM] Wanted: Light DZ telephoto zoom

Subject: Re: [OM] Wanted: Light DZ telephoto zoom
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 22:35:28 -0600
On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks, Ian, for that generous offer.  But I didn't realise how much more
> compact was the later version.  I had thought that it was just a difference
> in speed.
>
> Since it is compactness that I need,  I had better buy one of those.  I
> recognise that the image quality will be down a bit, but since I have the
> 50-200 to use when I need quality over portability, that's not a problem.

Chris,
Most of the tele shots in this gallery were made with the later 40-150:

http://jfwilcox.jalbum.net/Fall2009/index.html

Even I can't be entirely sure which of the kit lenses (e-410) I used
in several cases, but any of the shots of trees with colored leaves
would have been with the 40-150.  I like that lens a lot.  It's the
difference of a 2.8 Zuiko to a 2, when compared to the 50-200 IMO.

Joel W.