Re: [OM] your smile of the decade

Subject: Re: [OM] your smile of the decade
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 14:10:15 EST

You really are wrong to make a blanket statement such as that.
Most police departments I know never cease training. It continues in one
way or another forever.

There are certainly stars and there are duds in any profession. One of the
worst police officers I knew had three university degrees and kept looking
for  the answers to every situation in black and white, which is impossible
in a job  that is 80% grey area. Some of the best have little education. In
order to  succeed in that job, what is required is a large dose of common
sense
And most stories have two sides and when you bother to scratch the surface
instead of repeating a six second sound bite, the real story comes out. Not
to  say that tragic mistakes don't happen, but many times there's another,
more  understandable reason it occurred.

George