[OM] FW: (OT) your smile of the decade

Subject: [OM] FW: (OT) your smile of the decade
From: "David Bell" <deebel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 17:31:31 -0000
 it is a judgement call

-----Original Message-----
From: David Bell [mailto:deebel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 29 January 2010 17:29
To: 'Olympus Camera Discussion'
Subject: RE: [OM] (OT) your smile of the decade

The incident took place about 45 mins from where I stay. Bear in mind that
the news are making capital out of this. The officer issued a fixed penalty
ticket as in his opinion a violation had occurred. The driver quite
naturally is not going to pay the FP however his lawyer only responded to
the ticket the day before a reminder letter came out of the system, so they
have crossed in the post. I expect the Procurator Fiscal (public prosecuter)
will file it carefully and nothing else will come of it. If it goes to court
then the police will have to prove the case as it is not a judgement call
not a prima facie violation. I would be surprised if the top brass would
want this to go any further.

Dave