[OM] Water, was Nathan's PAD 26/1/2010: rain and shine

Subject: [OM] Water, was Nathan's PAD 26/1/2010: rain and shine
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 18:11:30 +1100 (EDT)
Hi Nathan,

> I don't like water unless it is in a glass and suitably diluted.

Generally I agree :-)

I grew up in a place which was on the edge of the desert in
Western Australia called Kalgoorlie, I remember the first
time it rained in my memory as a child, the school let us all
leave early that afternoon as we were all glued to the windows
watching the water falling from the sky, and the teachers
quickly figured out that was the real end of the school day.

Couldnt figure out back then why anyone would want to actually
get into the stuff apart from a quick wash in a shower.

Since then, as much as I'm not really a water person, I now
have my water survival certificate, and I even saw my first
snow in 1999 in Victoria Australia, no rush to see it again
as its to cold.

I've come a long way learning about water since I was 6
years old back in the late 60's.

Back in my Kalgoorlie days I even had no knowledge or
problems with fungus in lens etc, to dry, and the dust was
to bigh and heavy it never made it into the inside glass of
a lens.

Now I live in Melbourne, things have changed :o)

Cheers
Ian Manners
If men can run the world, why can't they stop wearing neckties? How intelligent
is it to start the day by tying a little noose around your neck?  -- Linda
Ellerbee