Re: [OM] Pictage.com

Subject: Re: [OM] Pictage.com
From: Robert Burnette <r.burnette@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 01:43:22 -0500
The $99 per month is for access to the Pictage lab operation (a membership
fee). However, they will do virtually everything for you, including displaying
an on-line catalog, credit card sales, color correction, printing and delivery
to your customer. Once you upload your photos, they do virtually everything
else, but there are additional charges for the services.  I was with Pictage
for two years, but I wasn't seeing enough profit to suit me so I switched to
Miller Lab for my print services and I handle the rest myself. Pictage does
make it easy for a photographer with a lot of business, but paying $1188 per
year just to belong to the service was a bit steep for me and my part-time
business.

I believe that Miller Labs now has a similar deal and, IIRC, it is around $40
per month.

Robert