[OM] Olympus mucking the retail trade around

Subject: [OM] Olympus mucking the retail trade around
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 11:28:36 +0000
I visited Campkins Cameras in Cambridge on Saturday, hoping to spot an E-P2; I
was disappointed in that hope.

The chap, from whom I bought my E-1 a few years ago, told me that he didn't
know when the E-P2 would appear in the shop and he appeared not to care.  Their
experience with the E-P1 seems to have caused this lack of interest.  They were
promised by Olympus that the E-P1 would be going only to the independent shops,
so they ordered stock.  They then found that Jessops, a major chain, was
stocking the camera at the same time.  Worse than that, Jessops is going out of
business, it seems, and is discounting heavily.

They are not happy with Olympus ...

Chris