Re: [OM] [OT] Avatar - was OMG! (not OM-G)

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Avatar - was OMG! (not OM-G)
From: Lawrence Woods <lmwoods@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 19:59:52 -0500 (EST)
Andrew Fildes wrote:

> ... most appalling pastiche of a plot. I don't think
> I could imagine a more clich?d approach. Every possible
> "noble savage"  stereotype was cheerfully thrown in ...

Check out 10 Possible Sources of "Avatar" in Classic Science
Fiction":

http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2009/12/10-possible-sources-
of-avatar-in.html

As with Star Wars, if you're going to use cliches, use only
the best.  The list includes "Deathworld" "The Word for World
is Forest" and "The Dragonriders of Pern"

----- Larry Woods
      lmwoods@xxxxxxx