Re: [OM] HDDs & BU [was OT - new monitor setup]

Subject: Re: [OM] HDDs & BU [was OT - new monitor setup]
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 12:17:30 -0200
It seems obvious to me that it _needs_ 2 ports for power ... it was
such a disappointment, a 30 cm. cable is nonsense, power supply
critically low. Unless thought for notebooks / netbooks only; thus
this issue might be justified.

Moose is right in this thread, I wasn't clear enough and talked about
two different topics.

I had already ruled out the power issue, and bought a My Book Essential

... and still have different problems after uninstalling Smartware: XP
warns me that I cannot stop the USB device, and that I should try so
later.
Found that only way to do so is to shut down the machine (restarting
is of no use), unplug the mini-usb, power up the computer again and
plug in the MyBook. Then, I'm able to stop the massive USB storage
device. Annoying.

This thread got interrupted and its theme jumped to another one, mixed
with mac vs. pc classic arguing.

Happy 2010, John - good to see you back here :-)

Fernando.