Re: [OM] OT - new monitor setup - UPDATE

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - new monitor setup - UPDATE
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 20:27:07 +1100
Bloody hell - you young 'uns think you invented serious music, hey?

Hendrix when he was just breaking at Leicester College of the Arts.
(A friend was an organiser so I watched virtually from the wings).
And again a couple of years later in London somewhere - Roundhouse?
Deep Purple a couple of times. And once with the London Philharmonic.
Cream three times in four months - first couple at small venues in
nowhere towns.
(Ginger Baker spoke to me once - I said 'Hi Ginger'; he replied "F**k
off'.)
The Who, once, Leicester again when they were fresh and new. Too soft.
Stones - once Leicester when they first toured and once in Melbourne
(Swimming Pool set).
I WAS at the Stones in the Park free gig but too far away to make sense.
Pink Floyd at a club, midweek, audience of less than 100, Syd still up
front.

Lots of others - Crazy World of Arthur Brown, Bonzo Dog Band come to
mind. Fun stuff.
I was good at seeing bands just as they were breaking and running out
their small, cheap gigs.
Not much since I washed up here - but I did get to see Screaming Jay
Hawkins a couple of years before he died. Great night. Very loud.

Some of us prefer QueensOTSA  to Queen!

Lost a lot of cells along the way - brain, ear...
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx