Re: [OM] For the cake

Subject: Re: [OM] For the cake
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 14:29:26 -0800
Candace Lemarr wrote:
> Moose wrote:
>
>> Lovely image!
>>
>> Daughter and bears are plenty cute. That doll looks just a little creepy
>> to me. :-)
>>
>> Moose
>>

> Thank you, Senor Moose.  :-)
> I have to agree with you on the possible creepy factor of the doll....I
> uploaded a large enough file so that if you wanted to do crazy things
> post-processing wise to it, you could.

Crazy? Moi?

I hadn't thought of messing with it, as it's for cake icing. Now that
you mention it, though, it is possible to find the more conventional lit
portrait lurking in it.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Candace/BdayIcing.htm>

Although it looks like I did some warming, I didn't. Softening the
shadows seems to have done that on its own.

I'm not sure I'd say it's a better image this way, perhaps a bit more
flattering, as well as more conventional. And something somewhere in
between would be possible.It wears better for me just left up for a
while, rather than flipping back and forth.

> I'd toy with it myself, but the odds are my daughter would come in and see it
> and be turned against the doll forever. Tee hee!

I chose to leave the plastic doll alone, and only work on the live one. :-)

Moose