[OM] For the cake

Subject: [OM] For the cake
From: Candace Lemarr <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 11:09:01 -0700
So the 7th birthday party is coming up.
Both of my kids take photography as a normal everyday occurrence here,
so when I asked them what they wanted their cakes to be this year, they
both replied that they wanted pictures on their cakes. Being as
different as night and day, my son had me scan a version of his artwork
he made in school this year for his cake top. My daughter, however, had
very specific ideas for her image.
Must include herself, beloved teddy that has not left her side since 4
months of age, and two new acquisitions that Santa brought this
Christmas morning. She is pretty picky, I have  no idea where she gets
it from. ;-)

Here is her choice for her cake:
http://candid-captures.smugmug.com/Other/Online-Sharing/10811670_998Pq#753893174_6tS7s-L-LB

E-30, 50mm f2.0, ISO 800, 1/100, f2.8, window light and one small silver
reflector. Shot JPEG, only editing is light noise removal, minor curves
adjustment, and cloning out the flyaway hairs on the top of her head.
You can see some of her facial asymmetry in this image. Oh, and I don't
know why I had metering on center weighted, must have changed it by
accident and I didn't notice it until I looked at the EXIF data.
C&C welcome and appreciated. :-)
--

Candace