Re: [OM] Seen from the kitchen window

Subject: Re: [OM] Seen from the kitchen window
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 09:54:06 -0600

> > Iowa is like Plato's
> > commonwealth or More's Utopia.  If you don't belong here, you will not
> > find yourself here.
>
> Hmmmm - kinda scary to think that I belonged there [for three months,
> anyway] :-)

I've been here for over ten years now and I'm not sure about the "belonging"
bit, but one thing I have noticed is that we photographers tend to maximize
any and every opportunity for a photogenic subject. Joel's pet eagle is a
case in point. We've had a hard winter so far and the advantage of that is
the eagles gather in tighter masses. Nice warm and snowfree winters tend to
scatter them. Rumor has it, (Thanks Mr. Webster for dropping the "u"), that
over fifty have been spotted at the Lake Redrock tailwater!!!! It's not even
January yet!

I will admit that it has been a stretch for me to "belong" in Iowa, but I do
find myself here.

AG