[OM] Moose resurfaces?? [was Set yourself a place...]

Subject: [OM] Moose resurfaces?? [was Set yourself a place...]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 03:14:00 -0800
Various other things have engaged me the last few weeks, so my list
posts became few and brief before disappearing entirely for the last week.

It feels like I may be back. I have been following and now appear to be
posting something.

I didn't take pics of either Christmas eve or day dinners, although both
were quite nice. Before the Christmas eve pot-luck, our little group of
choristers managed a modest, but nice, I think, telling of the birth
story with carols.

As we rehearsed early, the sun headed for the horizon. The church has a
lovely view of the north part of SF Bay and Mother Nature just went
crazy. I know sunset pics are a dime a dozen, but these were my first
with my new baby, the G11 and this one is straight out of the camera,
with only a bit of cropping off the bottom. I see it has a special
sunrise/set mode, but the regular one seems to work fine.

There was more beauty to be seen as it changed, but by then, we were
reading and singing.

As to Oysters, I never had any use for them. Slipping something
expensive down my throat without tasting anything but the sause and/or
juice on it always seems foolish to me, perhaps because it didn't like
it. Steamed, stews, not worth the effort.

Then I was on a high latitude beach at the start of the long summer
twilight, buckets of freshly dug oysters were brought up, rinsed,
shucked and thrown on the barbie. Now they were GOOD!

Moose