Re: [OM] Collection of Various Orphans

Subject: Re: [OM] Collection of Various Orphans
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 04:13:44 -0500
That stuff came out when I was a little kid. When I got my first camera at
age 11, an OM-G, the OM-77 was on the shelf at the store and looked SO COOL.
I wanted one but my father, who also had an OM-G, told me that I'd be better
learning with a manual focus system. In the end I am glad he didn't get me
an OM-77. Not because of the auto focus, but because the OM-77 does not
offer any form of manual exposure! Its programmed auto only! Like a point n
shoot with interchangeable lenses. It would have been a neat system if it
offered manual exposure too.

The 24/2.8 is probably the same formula as the manual focus 24/2.8 Zuiko, a
lens known for its sharpness.

The OM-77 stiff is crazy cheap, I've seen the 24mm go for $20 while the
manual focus 24/2.8 is $150-200 normally! If I had the extra money to blow,
I'd buy an OM-77 and some lenses just to remember my childhood lusting for
it.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography