[OM] OM on the move - Guatemala this time

Subject: [OM] OM on the move - Guatemala this time
From: Martin Walters <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 16:39:17 -0500
Some pictures from a recent visit to La Antigua, Guatemala. La Antigua
is a World Heritage Site.

The third capital of the Spanish Colony of Guatemala (included southern
Mexican states), it was devastated by a severe earthquake in 1773. The
decision was taken to abandon La Antigua and move the capital to the
present day Guatemala City.

What's interesting about the ruins is that, by and large, the walls
stayed upright, and only the roofs collapsed. Of the 33 churches at the
time, only four survived. While there, we felt a smallish earthquake (5.1).

I took one day for a walking tour and a visit to some of the local
villages.

As usual, all taken with OM2n and various zuikos, using Portra 400 NC
and Costco scans. Little or no PP, other than correcting verticals and
some minor cropping.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14675507@N08/sets/72157623051927272/

Martin.